Saturday, January 17, 2009

Breaking the Law

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all (James 2:10 KJV).

When I am caught speed across the red light, I cannot tell the traffic police that I had obeyed other traffic rules to gain credit to get a pardon for this offence. All these are obvious common sense to everybody. Yet at the same time, many people believe that when they die, God will put their good deeds and bad deeds on a balance to decide if they can go to Heaven. If the traffic police were to put my good deeds (those rules that I obeyed) and my bad deed (the red light dashing incident), my good deeds would have outweighed my bad deeds. Just as the traffic police would not accept my past good deeds to cancel out my deeds, neither would God allow it. And He made it clear in James 2:10, so that there would be no arguments.

Good deeds and bad deeds are not like money in an accounting system. There will be no credit and debit in the God's judgement hall.

No comments: