Friday, January 30, 2009

The non-Christian response to the Gospel

When I was a non-Christian, I saw this metal signboard facing the road at the Thomson Road Baptist Church each time I took the bus to school. It quotes Acts 16:31: "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." I thought to myself in my heart, "What about those thiefs and robbers? You mean they just have to believe in Christ and they will go to Heaven? What about the good people who don't believe? They will go to hell even though they did not do bad things?"

After I became a Christian, a non-Christian friend approached me and said, "Jesus is very proud." I asked, "Why?" He repied, "No other founders of religion claim to be God, except Jesus."

I read of this conversation between a Muslim and a Christian. The Christian asked, "Will you go to Heaven?" The Muslim replied, "I do not know. Only Allah knows." The Christian told him, "But I will go to Heaven." The Muslim replied, "You are so proud."

No comments: