Friday, March 12, 2010

Christ=Truth=Liberty

Christ = Truth
John 14:6
KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
ESV Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
HCSB Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
CUV 耶稣说「我就是道路、真理、生命;若不藉著我,没有人能到父那里去。


Truth = Freedom
John 8:32
KJV And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
ESV and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
HCSB You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
CUV 你们必晓得真理,真理必叫你们得以自由。


Liberty came from Christ
John 1:17
KJV For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
ESV For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
HCSB for although the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
CUV 律法本是藉著摩西传的;恩典和真理都是由耶稣基督来的。


People are not interested in truth
John 18:38
KJV Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.
ESV Pilate said to him, "What is truth?" After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, "I find no guilt in him.
HCSB "What is truth?" said Pilate. After he had said this, he went out to the Jews again and told them, "I find no grounds for charging Him.
CUV 彼拉多说:「真理是什麽呢?」说了这话,又出来到犹太人那里,对他们说:「我查不出他有什麽罪来。

No comments: