Sunday, November 4, 2012

God Does All Things For His Name's Sake

For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another. (Isaiah 48:11 ESV)

But I acted for the sake of my name, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the nations among whom they lived, in whose sight I made myself known to them in bringing them out of the land of Egypt. (Ezekiel 20:9 ESV)

And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name’s sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord GOD. (Ezekiel 20:44 ESV)

Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. (Ezekiel 36:22 ESV)

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. (Psalm 23:3 ESV)

Yet he saved them for his name’s sake, that he might make known his mighty power. (Psalm 106:8 ESV)

For the LORD will not forsake his people, for his great name’s sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you a people for himself. (1 Samuel 12:22 ESV)

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (John 14:13 ESV)

No comments: