Thursday, February 7, 2013

No Yoke, No Rest

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

This is a promise to those who are busy and full of trouble. Most people just stopped at verse 28. But if you read on to verses 29 and 30, you will find that there are conditions to fulfil. You must take on the yoke of Christ and read the Bible. While the yoke may be easy and the burden light, you must be yoked to Christ. This is the problem. Many want the rest, but not the yoke. Like a blind man who wanted to know the way but refused to be led by hand, they spend their lives busy groping for the way, but never finding it.

Where the future is concerned, we are all blind.

No comments: