Monday, September 16, 2013

Are You Perfect?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23 KJV)

Many non-Christians do not accept the doctrine of original sin. When you challenge them and ask them if they are perfect, they always reply, "Nobody is perfect." Some of them may assert that their religion's founder is perfect. If I ask them how they know, they will retort, "How do you know Christ is perfect?"

Jesus said He is sinless (John 8:46) but there is no way I can really know, if not for the fact that He died and was raised again on the third day. All religion's founders died and remain dead. Jesus was sinless and He cannot receive the wages of sin. He died for our sins, not for His own. Death could not keep Him.

For the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23 KJV)

Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? (John 8:46 ESV)

No comments: