Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Settled On The Lees

Moab hath been at ease from his youth, and he hath settled on his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessel to vessel, neither hath he gone into captivity: therefore his taste remained in him, and his scent is not changed. (Jeremiah 48:11 KJV)

And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil. (Zephaniah 1:12 KJV)

When God's people are settled in complacency, they will take God for granted. How do we prevent this?

Give thanks;
Testify and witness about God's faithfulness;
Care for others;
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15 ESV, HCSB)

Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Proverbs 30:7-9 KJV

Mangled from tonight's sharing by Ong Sim Ho

No comments: