Wednesday, November 5, 2014

God and Mammon

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matthew 6:24 KJV)

Mammon is a great competitor to God. We either have faith in mammon or God, but not both. When I had no savings, I feel very insecure. I had to depend on God for my expenses. When I need something and I need to ask God, sometimes I have to question myself if it is the will of God. It is just like my children coming to me for money. They are never sure if I would agree to buy what they want.

When I have savings, I feel very secure. I also feel generous. Not only that, I feel that I can spend accord to my own wishes. I do not have to care about the will of God.

I realize that I actually have more faith in mammon than God.

No comments: