Saturday, January 31, 2015

Obey First, Then You Will Know How To Pray

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat and clothing to wear, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God, and this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God’s house. And of all that you give me I will give a full tenth to you." (Genesis 28:20-22 ESV)

My son once said to me that he had tried to pray for healing for his skin problem, but God did not help.

Many people judged God by the way He answers our prayer. If He acts according to our wish, He is real. If not, He probably does not exist.

Firstly, we should obey God. When we obey Him, our faith in Him will increase and we will know Him better. We will be able to pray according to His will. If we do not know God very well, we may not even know if He had already answered our prayer. His answer could be "Yes", "No", "Yes, but wait", "No, I have something better". Other than a "Yes" answer, we may not even recognize the other three. We thought it is a "No" or "No answer".

Did God answer Jacob? Yes, but not in the way he expected. It was something better.

And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. (Genesis 32:9-10 KJV)

No comments: