Saturday, June 20, 2015

Believing Eternal Life Needs Faith

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV)
Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (1 Peter 1:8-9 ESV)

I will have eternal life. This is what Jesus promised. But how would eternal life be like? I really have very little idea. I need faith to believe that this eternal life will be better than the temporal life I am living.

I know what is time. I am living in it. What is eternity? I have no idea.

I know what is satisfaction. I also know that temporal satisfaction do not last. I have the experience. What does it mean to be truly satisfied in eternity?

This is a fallen world, yet it has great beauty. The wonders on our planet, the wonderful creation of God where we can see and admire, is in a fallen world. How wonderful would the wonders of the perfect new earth be?

No comments: