Sunday, May 24, 2015

Healing

Pray for the sick
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. (James 5:14-15 ESV)

But healing is God's sovereign choice
Erastus remained at Corinth, but Trophimus I left sick at Miletus. (2 Timothy 4:20 NASB)

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. ((2 Corinthians 12:7 ESV)

No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. (1 Timothy 5:23 NASB)

No comments: