Friday, September 25, 2015

Ready in the Lord

The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD. (Proverbs 21:31 ESV)

We were getting ready for production cut over of the system the next day, planning to put in the routing rules into the Production Server in the evening.

Then in the morning, a branch reported a bug, where they had created a message with a unit which was not supposed to create messages. There is supposed to be a routing rule that checked for the unit to prevent it. These were done in an earlier project.

I checked the rules and realized that for units that cannot create messages, we had prefixed them with a "z" to fix a complaint, but the routing rules continue to use the old unit name without the "z" prefix.

And for tomorrow's cut over, actually we also have two new units prefixed with "z", but I was not aware of this rule and did not add the two new units.

This bug report allows me to fixed the routing rules and also add my two new units, which would otherwise be omitted from the rules.

This is how God uses circumstances to alert me to things which I have not planned for.

Some people take pride in being well-prepared, planning for everything. I rather trust that my God is with me and guide me in all things.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. (Psalm 20:7 ESV)

No comments: