Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Wrong Object of Faith

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. (James 2:18 ESV)

Faith is action, or inaction.

My daughter needed only 5 "O" Level passes to qualify for the course she intended to take in polytechnic. I have full confidence that it is something she can achieve easily. I did not pray for her. This is inaction in faith.

My daughter is full of confidence that she can achieve the 5 "O" Level passes she needed. She did not really study too hard and she also bought an insurance costing $200 per month. She believes that she will qualify for her course and also a scholarship of $800 per month that comes with the course. This is faith in action.

But our object of faith, which is my daughter herself, is fallible. She did not achieve the required results and could not qualify for the course. She did not put too much effort to study and she got the results she deserve. This is justice.

No comments: