Monday, October 1, 2018

The Lord Does Whatever Pleases Him

Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him. (Psalm 115:3 NIV)

If I have the power to do whatever pleases me, what will I do? Maybe I will organize a sex orgy. But God cannot do that. So I said, "Ha! there you are, there is a limit to God's power. He cannot do evil."

Then I think again. It is out of my sinful nature that a sex orgy pleases me. If I am as powerful as God, why didn't I think of dying for the sins of the world? Because I am selfish and sinful. I think of pleasing myself first.

God has the power to do whatever pleases Him. But He chose to come in the flesh to die for the sins of the world. Organizing a sex orgy does not please His sinless nature. Because of His sinless nature, whatever that pleases God are the righteous acts and He has the power to do them.

But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back? What he desires, that he does. (Job 23:13 ESV)

All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: "What have you done?" (Daniel 4:35 NIV)

The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths. (Psalm 135:6 NIV)

No comments: