Monday, December 31, 2018

Be of Good Cheer - We know Where We are Going

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.' (Isaiah 46:10 NIV)

The world faces uncertainty. As 2018 comes to a close, there are so much uncertainty - politics, economics, climate, religious tensions. The world do not know what is ahead in 2019.

But it should not be so with the Christians. Our God knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). And He had told us what is going to happen (Amos 3:7).

At the macro level, we know how the end is going to be. From the prophets Ezekiel and Daniel and also the Revelation of Jesus Christ to John, we know that Israel will be restored (done), there will be seven years of tribulation (coming) and followed by the millennium rule by Jesus the Anointed One (coming).

At our personal level, we know we have eternal life if we die (1 John 5:12). If we do not die, we will be raptured before the seven years of tribulation (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33 KJV)

No comments: