Friday, January 4, 2019

Small Regular Deposits

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV)

There was no big memorable events to mark my relationship with the founding pastor of JSM. However, his impact on me was tremendous, like small little deposits that built up over the years, just like my mother's influence on me.

At my mother's funeral, I could not find words to express this feeling. Thanks to brother Kok Hoong who shared the following by WhatsApp on Thursday 3rd January (the day pastor went to glory), I found the words.

QUOTE
In the winter of 2009, a large passenger plane made an emergency landing in New York's Hudson River. The pilot, Captain Chesley Sullenberger, who landed the plane safely with no casualties, was later asked about those moments in the air when he was faced with a life-or-death decision. "One way of looking at this," he said, "might be that for 42 years I've been making small, regular deposits in this bank of experience, education, and training. And on [that day] the balance was sufficient so that I could make a very large withdrawal."
UNQUOTE

Both founding pastor and my mother had made small regular deposits in my bank of experience. It helped to shape my world view and I thank God for their influence in my life.

No comments: