Monday, August 2, 2021

The State Of Israel Before First Exile

Then the LORD said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel should stand before me, my compassions would not reach out to these people. Send them from my presence, and let them go. And if they ask you, 'Where shall we go?' tell them, 'This is what the Lord says:
"'Those destined for death, to death;
those for the sword, to the sword;
those for starvation, to starvation;
those for captivity, to captivity.'
(Jeremiah 15:1-2 CSB)

Even Moses and Samuel could not intercede for them. Noah, Daniel, and Job could only save themselves and not their families. In the wilderness, Moses was able to intercede successfully for the Israelites after they worshipped the golden calf. During the flood, Noah could save his family. So the Israelites in the days of Jeremiah and Ezekiel were worse than the world during the flood and their ancestors during their wandering in the wilderness.

"Son of man, suppose a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it to cut off its supply of bread, to send famine through it, and to wipe out both people and animals from it. Even if these three men - Noah, Daniel, and Job - were in it, they would rescue only themselves by their righteousness." This is the declaration of the Lord God.

"Suppose I allow dangerous animals to pass through the land and depopulate it so that it becomes desolate, with no one passing through it for fear of the animals. Even if these three men were in it, as I live" - the declaration of the Lord God - "they could not rescue their sons or daughters. They alone would be rescued, but the land would be desolate.

"Or suppose I bring a sword against that land and say, 'Let a sword pass through it,' so that I wipe out both people and animals from it. Even if these three men were in it, as I live" - the declaration of the Lord God - "they could not rescue their sons or daughters, but they alone would be rescued.

"Or suppose I send a plague into that land and pour out my wrath on it with bloodshed to wipe out both people and animals from it. Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live" - the declaration of the Lord God - "they could not rescue their son or daughter. They would rescue only themselves by their righteousness. (Ezekiel 14:13-20 CSB)

No comments: