Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year Resolutions

I decide to make some resolutions this year.

First, as advised by Rev Stephen Schaefer, I am going to pray daily (and whenever I can) to be filled with the Spirit so that I have no room for other things (Ephesians 5:18).

Next, I am going to pray that what ever I do, I will do it to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).

Finally, I pray that my tongue will speak gracious words that will glorify God. Again like what Rev Stephen Schaefer had preached, we are little Christs (i.e. anointed ones, kings, prophets and priests), so we have to speak gracious words of comfort like a priest (Colossians 4:6).

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, (Ephesians 5:18 ESV)
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. (Colossians 4:6 ESV)

I have the confidence that these prayers will be answered because it is prayed according to God's will (1 John 5:14).

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. (1 John 5:14 ESV)

No comments: