Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Bible's vs the Quran's challenge

Allah, in the Quran, challenges anyone to produce a book like it (17:88), nor ten chapters like it (11:13), nor even one chapter like it (2:23, 10:38).

God, in the Bible, also posed challenges. He challenge anyone to foretell the future.
Set forth your case, says the LORD; bring your proofs, says the King of Jacob. Let them bring them, and tell us what is to happen. Tell us the former things, what they are, that we may consider them, that we may know their outcome; or declare to us the things to come. (Isaiah 41:21-22 ESV)
Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. (Isaiah 44:7 ESV)
I am telling you this now, before it takes place, that when it does take place you may believe that I am he. (John 13:19 ESV)

No comments: