Thursday, August 26, 2010

Volkswagen Beetle

God does not care about anything except for His own glory.
My wife does not care about anything except for her children's studies.
A friend of mine does not care about anything except for a cottage by the woods.
A blogger wrote that he does not care for anything except to get rich.

When I was young, I always wanted a toy Volkswagen Beetle. It cost $6.00 and was beyond my reach. Decades later, someone gave (or my wife bought) a big toy Volkswagen Beetle for my son. It was huge, much bigger than the original toy that I wanted. I could even buy a second-hand real Volkswagen Beetle, but I would not want to waste my money on old cars. The toy that I used to think I would die without, the car that I thought I would want to buy when I grew up, I no longer want them.

When our chief desire is so different from God, is it so strange that God sometimes refuse to answer our prayers? We may find, in due time, that those that we desire are foolishness and a waste of our time.

No comments: