Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cross Versus Burden

We bear our own cross
Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:27 ESV)

And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:38 ESV)

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (Matthew 16:24 KJV)

And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. (Mark 8:34 ESV)

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Luke 9:23 KJV)

We cast our burden upon the Lord
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22 KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:7 KJV)

No comments: