Saturday, October 22, 2016

What If I Run The Universe

Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: Get ready to answer Me like a man; When I question you, you will inform Me. Would you really challenge My justice? Would you declare Me guilty to justify yourself? Do you have an arm like God’s? Can you thunder with a voice like His? Adorn yourself with majesty and splendor, and clothe yourself with honor and glory. Unleash your raging anger; look on every proud person and humiliate him. Look on every proud person and humble him; trample the wicked where they stand. Hide them together in the dust; imprison them in the grave. Then I will confess to you that your own right hand can deliver you. (Job 40:6-14 HCSB)

God challenged Job to run the universe his way, to punish all evil and injustice and humiliate every proud person. Does Job have the power to control not only the humans, but the forces of nature? Many people think that they can do a better job than God. But their narrow view of justice bring more misery to those they rule. And the world is more than just humans.

I, I am Yahweh, and there is no other Savior but Me. (Isaiah 43:11 HCSB)

No comments: