Monday, August 6, 2018

To My Children - 1

For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. (1 Timothy 6:7 KJV)

As he came from his mother's womb he shall go again, naked as he came, and shall take nothing for his toil that he may carry away in his hand. This also is a grievous evil: just as he came, so shall he go, and what gain is there to him who toils for the wind? (Ecclesiastes 5:15-16 ESV)

I classify things into important things and unimportant things.

Important things are things we can bring beyond our death.

Unimportant things are things we cannot bring with us when we die.

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (John 5:24 ESV)

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. (John 6:47 ESV)

Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death. (John 8:51 ESV)

And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3 ESV)

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV)

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9 ESV)

As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good. (2 Thessalonians 3:13 ESV)

No comments: