Friday, July 12, 2019

Jesus Never Said I am God Worship Me

And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Mark 1:11 KJV)
A cloud appeared, overshadowing them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my beloved Son; listen to him!" (Mark 9:7 CSB)

Zakir Naik, the famous Muslim apologist, always ask this question, "Where in the Bible did Jesus say, 'I am God; worship me'? If anyone can find this in the Bible, I will become a Christian!"

Sorry, Zakir, we cannot find that in the Bible. I am afraid you will miss out on eternal life. But wait, we have something better. God spoke audibly, not once but twice, from heaven, declaring Jesus to be His Son.

Anyone can say, "I am god; worship me." I can do that. You can do that. Even Zakir can also do that. And if enough suckers believe, a new religion will be started.

But no one can get a voice from heaven to confirm it. So Zakir, would you accept that this is a better proof that Jesus is God? It is a matter of eternity. Can you consider?

For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased!" We ourselves heard this voice when it came from heaven while we were with him on the holy mountain. (2 Peter 1:16-18 CSB)

No comments: