Monday, January 3, 2022

Death Is No More A Mystery

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him." (Jude 1:14-15 NIV)

Then I saw thrones, and people seated on them who were given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and who had not accepted the mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 CSB)

And just as my Father has granted me a Kingdom, I now grant you the right to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom. And you will sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:29-30 NLT)

Jesus replied, "I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 ESV)

But in the end, the holy people of the Most High will be given the kingdom, and they will rule forever and ever." (Daniel 7:18)

Death is a mystery today. Nobody knows what happen after death. Although Jesus was the only person who came back from the dead in history, He just stick around for 40 days and ascended to heaven, leaving us with just other people's account of His resurrection.

But death will not be a mystery during the millennium because the resurrected Messiah and His resurrected saints will be among the people.

No comments: