Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Gog - Mentioned Before Birth

"Son of man, face Gog (גּוֹג֙), of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. Prophesy against him and say, 'This is what the Lord GOD says: Look, I am against you, Gog (גּוֹג֙), chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. (Ezekiel 38:2-3 CSB)

"Therefore prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog (גּוֹג֙), 'This is what the Lord God says: On that day when my people Israel are dwelling securely, will you not know this and come from your place in the remotest parts of the north - you and many peoples with you, who are all riding horses - a huge assembly, a powerful army? You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud covering the land. It will happen in the last days, Gog (גּוֹג֙), that I will bring you against my land so that the nations may know me, when I demonstrate my holiness through you in their sight. "'This is what the Lord God says: Are you the one I spoke about in former times through my servants, the prophets of Israel, who for years prophesied in those times that I would bring you against them? Now on that day, the day when Gog (גּוֹג֙) comes against the land of Israel - this is the declaration of the Lord God - my wrath will flare up. (Ezekiel 38:14-18 CSB)

"As for you, son of man, prophesy against Gog (גּוֹג֙) and say, 'This is what the Lord GOD says: Look, I am against you, Gog (גּוֹג֙), chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. (Ezekiel 39:1 CSB)

"And I will make a vast graveyard for Gog (גּוֹג֙) and his hordes in the Valley of the Travelers, east of the Dead Sea. It will block the way of those who travel there, and they will change the name of the place to the Valley of Gog's Hordes. (Ezekiel 39:11 NLT)

Three persons were mentioned by name in the Bible before they are born - Josiah (1 Kings 13:2), Cyrus (Isaiah 44:28, Isaiah 45:1) and Gog (Ezekiel 38:2-3, Ezekiel 38:14-18, Ezekiel 39:1, Ezekiel 39:11). Two has already been fulfilled and there is one more to go.

No comments: