Monday, June 13, 2022

More About Boasting

Earlier I wrote about boasting. Now we have more about boasting.

Boasting Excluded
For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast about, for I am under compulsion; for woe to me if I do not preach the gospel. (1 Corinthians 9:16 NASB)

Boasting Allowed
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV)

For who is our hope or joy or crown of boasting in the presence of our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? (1 Thessalonians 2:19 CSB)

Therefore, we ourselves boast about you among God's churches - about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and afflictions that you are enduring. (2 Thessalonians 1:4 CSB)

Boasting Forbidden
For who regards you as superior or what sets you apart as special? What do you have that you did not receive [from another]? And if in fact you received it [from God or someone else], why do you boast as if you had not received it [but had gained it by yourself]? (1 Corinthians 4:7 Amplified Bible)

No comments: