Sunday, November 6, 2022

Israel And The Promised Land

It is not because of your righteousness or uprightness of heart that you are going in to possess their land, but it is because of their wickedness that the LORD your God is driving out these nations before you, to keep the promise He swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (Deuteronomy 9:5 BSB)

God gave the promised land to Israel to keep the promise He swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That is why it is called the promised land.

Therefore tell the house of Israel that this is what the Lord GOD says: It is not for your sake that I will act, O house of Israel, but for My holy name, which you profaned among the nations to which you went. I will show the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nations - the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when I show My holiness in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all the countries, and I will bring you back into your own land. (Ezekiel 36:22-24 BSB)

God restored Israel to the promised land in 1948 to show the holiness of His great name and to keep the promise He swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Malachi 3:6 KJV)

No comments: