Thursday, November 3, 2022

Israel-Palestinian Problem - A Secular Solution

But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel. (2 Chronicles 6:6 KJV)

Moreover, the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: "Have you not noticed what these people are saying: 'The LORD has rejected the two families He had chosen'? So they despise My people and no longer regard them as a nation. This is what the LORD says: If I have not established My covenant with the day and the night and the fixed order of heaven and earth, then I would also reject the descendants of Jacob and of My servant David, so as not to take from his descendants rulers over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For I will restore them from captivity and will have compassion on them." (Jeremiah 33:23-26 BSB)

This interesting video "Who Controlled Jerusalem the Longest? - YouTube" gave us a rational basis for a secular solution to the Israel-Palestinian problem. It concluded at the end of the video that since the Muslims controlled Jerusalem for 1283 years and the Jews for 1197 years, then it ought to be a two-state solution. I think for all those people who do not believe in the Bible, he has a very good case.

But both the Jews and the Muslims will not accept the solution. Neither will the Bible believing Christians. Above all, the God who created the heavens and the earth will bring to pass all that He had purposed. God is the factor overlooked in secular solution.

On that day, when all the nations of the earth gather against her, I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who would heave it away will be severely injured. (Zechariah 12:3 BSB)

The LORD of Hosts has sworn: As I have purposed, so it will be; as I have planned it, so it will happen. (Isaiah 14:24 CSB)

I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: my plan will take place, and I will do all my will. (Isaiah 46:10 CSB)

No comments: