Monday, January 22, 2024

Taking Up The Cross And Putting On Christ's Yoke

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone wants to follow after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of me will find it. (Matthew 16:24-25 CSB)

Take up my yoke and learn from me, because I am lowly and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:29-30 CSB)

Some Christians believe that there are two categories of Christians, the ordinary believers and disciples. The ordinary believers are those who believe in Jesus and got saved but may not go to church or read the Bible. Disciples take religion seriously. They go to church, read the Bible and preach the good news. They are willing to suffer for Christ. So believers put on Christ's easy yoke while disciples take up their crosses.

No comments: