Sunday, June 30, 2019

New Year Resolutions 2019 - Renewal

Even before the half year mark, I forgot my new year resolutions for 2019. So now I am renewing it again:

First, as advised by Rev Stephen Schaefer, I am going to pray daily (and whenever I can) to be filled with the Spirit so that I have no room for other things (Ephesians 5:18).

Next, I am going to pray that what ever I do, I will do it to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).

Thirdly, I pray that my tongue will speak gracious words that will glorify God. Again like what Rev Stephen Schaefer had preached, we are little Christs (i.e. anointed ones, kings, prophets and priests), so we have to speak gracious words of comfort like a priest (Colossians 4:6).

And I add this final one for the second half of the year, that I may walk in the Spirit, so as not to fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

God is faithful and I do not depend on myself, but on Him who will bring to my remembrance all my resolutions and cause me to continue in it and also to answer my prayer. See, He is already doing this, sending me reminders to start my second half aright!

Summary:
  1. Fill with the Spirit;
  2. Walk in the Spirit;
  3. Speak gracious words to glorify God;
  4. Glorify God in all I do.

No comments: