Sunday, February 3, 2019

God is Faithful

If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself. (2 Timothy 2:13 NASB)

Since the beginning of the year, I made a resolution to (as advised by Rev Stephen Schaefer) pray daily to be filled with the Spirit so that I have no room for other things (Ephesians 5:18). Like all resolutions, I started to slip and forgot to pray. But I am so glad that my God is faithful and I do not depend on myself, but on Him who will bring to my remembrance my resolution and cause me to continue in it and also to answer my prayer.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. (Deuteronomy 7:9 NIV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 ESV)
He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. (1 Thessalonians 5:24 ESV)
But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3 ESV)
God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:9 ESV)
What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, "That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged." (Romans 3:3-4 ESV)

No comments: