Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Acronym For Praising God

During the Wednesday prayer meeting, Rev Yong gave this acronym for praise:

Pleasant to praise God
Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting. (Psalm 147:1 ESV)

Right to praise God
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. (Psalm 145:3 KJV)

Always praise God
Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. (Psalm 145:2 KJV)

I will praise God
Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8,15,21,31 KJV)

Sincerity when praising God
with my whole heart (Psalm 9:1, Psalm 138:1 KJV) with all my heart (Psalm 111:1 KJV)

Emotions of Excitement when praising God
I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people. (Psalm 35:18 KJV)

No comments: