Thursday, October 18, 2012

God's Selfishness Benefits Us

God does not care about anything except His own glory. This is good for us.

We will succeed because we bare His Name (we are Christians). If we fail, He will lose face.
We will succeed in His way. If we succeed in our way, He will lose face.
His way is the best way because He holds the future. We will succeed beyond our wildest imagination if we follow Him.

God is the only Being that is worthy of being selfish. For He is One and all things are created by Him and for Him.

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:16 NASB)
For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another. (Isaiah 48:11 ESV)
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. (Revelation 4:11 KJV)


No comments: