Monday, July 28, 2014

Know And Trust

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:10 ESV)
For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day. (2 Timothy 1:12 NASB)

The two keywords to successful Christian living is know and trust. It sounds easy, but because of our sinful nature and our deeply ingrained belief that we can only trust ourselves, it is very, very difficult to know God and to trust Him.

Know
Jesus - positional holiness
  1. Know the Bible;
  2. Know God;
  3. Know why God saves us;
  4. Know how God saves us;
  5. Know our standing before God.
Trust
Holy Spirit - practical holiness
  1. Trust in God's Word;
  2. Trust in God’s Sovereignty;
  3. Trust in God’s Power.
Christianity is not about trying, but trusting.

No comments: