Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dr Tim Keller on Three Aspect of Biblical Justice

The following Bible verses were quoted in this sermon by Dr Tim Keller on "Biblical Justice".

The three aspects of Biblical Justice:

Equal treatment for all
You are to have the same law for the foreign resident and the native, because I am Yahweh your God. (Leviticus 24:22 HCSB)

Special concern for those without power
Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:8-9 ESV)
He who oppresses the poor taunts his Maker, But he who is gracious to the needy honors Him. (Proverbs 14:31 NASB)
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done. (Proverbs 19:17 NIV)
A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. (Psalm 68:5 KJV)

Radical generosity
If I placed my confidence in gold or called fine gold my trust, if I have rejoiced because my wealth is great or because my own hand has acquired so much, if I have gazed at the sun when it was shining or at the moon moving in splendor, so that my heart was secretly enticed and I threw them a kiss, this would also be a crime deserving punishment, for I would have denied God above. (Job 31:24-28 HCSB)

No comments: