Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Assurance's 3F

We had talked about Christianity's 3G. Now we will talk about assurance's 3F. Our assurance of salvation can be summed in 3F.

Fact. Faith. Fruit.

Acknowledgement:
The 3F were inspired by "fact, faith and feeling" from "How do I know I'm saved? - A message from Billy Graham".

Fact - Christ atonement on the cross for our sins is a fact, proven by the empty tomb.
But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. (Luke 24:1-3 ESV)

Faith - We believe that our salvation is based on the fact of Christ's atonement on the cross for our sins.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NLT)

Fruit - We have the testimony of our faith.
Now someone may argue, "Some people have faith; others have good deeds." But I say, "How can you show me your faith if you don't have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds." (James 2:18 NLT)

No comments: