Sunday, April 8, 2018

Found By Prayer Again

Last week my daughter passed her younger sister's stuff, which included an iPod, to me to bring home first. They were staying back for Easter presentation for the Chinese service in the afternoon. When I reached the car, I saw my eldest in the car and passed her the stuff. But neither she nor me remembered whether the stuff I passed included the iPod. Anyway, when we were all home and my youngest daughter asked for the iPod, it was not found. We all think the iPod might still be in the car. So my wife, who was a very careful searcher, went down to the car to search but could not find it. I had no choice but to pray that it can be found.
So yesterday night, I prayed again. I was hoping that maybe the iPod dropped on the floor and someone in church may picked it up and return to us. Despite answered prayers in the past, I am still not too sure if the iPod would ever be found. At the back of my mind, I have no doubt that God is able, but will He do it?

Today, when we were going to the church, my youngest daughter remembered her iPod. She looked around the back seat and found it between the seats.

Jesus answered, "O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here." (Luke 9:41 ESV)

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. (James 5:13 ESV)

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 ESV)

I thank God that baby's iPod is found and give Him all the glory. But there will always be scoffers who said, "Even without praying, she will just need to look between the seats and find it."

Her very careful mummy didn't. Would she?

No comments: