Monday, May 6, 2019

Hosea's Children

Jezreel - God sows or scatter
Then the LORD said to him: Name him Jezreel, for in a little while I will bring the bloodshed of Jezreel on the house of Jehu and put an end to the kingdom of the house of Israel. (Hosea 1:4 CSB)

Lo-ruhamah - no mercy
She conceived again and gave birth to a daughter, and the LORD said to him: Name her Lo-ruhamah, for I will no longer have compassion on the house of Israel. I will certainly take them away. (Hosea 1:6 CSB)

Lo-ammi - not my people
Then the LORD said: Name him Lo-ammi, for you are not my people, and I will not be your God. (Hosea 1:9 CSB)

Restoration
On that day I will respond - this is the Lord's declaration. I will respond to the sky, and it will respond to the earth. The earth will respond to the grain, the new wine, and the fresh oil, and they will respond to Jezreel. I will sow her in the land for myself, and I will have compassion on Lo-ruhamah; I will say to Lo-ammi: You are my people, and he will say, "You are my God." (Hosea 2:21-23 CSB)

God will scatter Ephraim, the northern kingdom of Israel. He will not have mercy because they are not His people. But in due time, on that day, God will reap what He had scatter, and He will have mercy on Ephraim and call them my people.

No comments: