Thursday, May 9, 2019

How Do I Know I Have Eternal Life

How do I know I have eternal life?
1. Because Jesus said so. Jesus said I will live because He lives.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25-26 KJV)

2. But that is not enough. So many people said so many things. How do I know what Jesus said is true? Because Jesus said so before it happened.
As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him, and he will be raised on the third day." And they were greatly distressed. (Matthew 17:22-23 ESV)
I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am he. (John 13:19 CSB)
And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. (John 14:29 ESV)

3. And Jesus proved what He said to be true by His resurrection.
After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. (Acts 1:3 NIV)
For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. (Romans 6:5 ESV)

4. Finally, the eye witness testimony.
For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. (2 Peter 1:16 NIV)
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. (1 Corinthians 15:3-8 NIV)

No comments: