Monday, May 13, 2019

Three Marks Of Existence

Impermanence
अनिच्चा (anicca), अनित्य (anitya), 無常 (wúcháng)
Nothing is permanent, everything change and vanish.
In the Bible, God is permanent and never change.
But you remain the same, and your years will never end. (Psalm 102:27 NIV)

Dissatisfaction
दुक्ख; (dukkha), दुःख; (duḥkha), 苦 (kǔ)
Dissatisfaction, or suffering, or sin arises because of impermanence.
In the Bible, sin came into this world by the disobedience of one man and with sin come suffering and death. But the Bible does not end with this bad news. There is the good news (Gospel) that in Christ, all shall be made alive.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:21-22 KJV)

Not-self
अनत्ता (anattā), अनात्मन् (anātman), 無我 (wúwǒ)
The doctrine of "non-self", no "I AM" concept. "I am" is a mark of conceit which must be destroyed to end all dukkha.
In the Bible, God is the ultimate I AM, the self-existence one.
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14 NIV)

Buddha left us a teaching but we must find our own path.
Jesus said He is the way and there is no other.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 NIV)

No comments: