Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jews during the days of Christ (A. W. Pink)

The following quote is extracted from the book "Profiting From The Word", Chapter 2 "The Scriptures and God" by A. W. Pink. It describe the Jews during the days of Christ. could it also describe the Christian Fundamentalist today?

QUOTE
It was so when Christ was here upon earth. The Jews were very orthodox. At that time they were free from idolatry. The temple stood at Jerusalem, the Law was expounded, Jehovah was worshipped. And yet Christ said to them, "He that sent me is true, whom ye know not." (John 7:28). "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also" (John 8:19). "It is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God. Yet ye have not known him" (John 8:54,55). And mark it well, this is said to a people who had the Scriptures, searched them diligently, and venerated them as God’s Word! They were well acquainted with God theoretically, but a spiritual knowledge of Him they had not.
UNQUOTE

No comments: