Sunday, March 25, 2012

Patience

My son told me that he will go to church today. So from 7:00 a.m. I start trying to wake him up. We usually leave the house at 7:45 a.m., but he is still lying in bed at that time. By 8 a.m. my wife gave up and went down. I made a last attempt and finally he got up and went down with me at 8:10 a.m. We arrived in church just in time for the service.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9 KJV)

God has been incredibly patient with me all these years. If He had been as impatient as me, I would be gone and lost forever. I almost gave up calling my son this morning, but I thought of the patience of my Lord, and I continue to call him.

No comments: