Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Good People Go To Hell

Christianity is the only religion in the world where good people go to hell and bad people go to heaven. Why is this so? Because men's idea of "good" is different from God's. The good people who are good in their own eyes are bad in God's eyes. The bad people who are bad in their own eyes are good in God's eyes.

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. (Luke 18 :10-14 KJV)

The Pharisee was good in the eyes of the people. He fasted, he prayed, he gave tithes. The publican was a traitor working for the Romans in the eyes of the Jews and usually collected more taxes than required so that he could pocket the extra money. He was bad. Because he is bad, he cried out to God. The Pharisee was good. He did not stop to examine his own life. He assumed that he had fulfilled all the requirements of God.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)

No comments: