Monday, May 21, 2018

The Bride's Response

The Bible often described the relationship between God and Israel and Jesus and His church as a marriage (Isaiah 54:5, 2 Corinthians 11:2). So what must the bride do?

Make God number one.
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:37 ESV)

Keep His commandments and He will reveal Himself to you.
The one who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father. I also will love him and will reveal myself to him." (John 14:21 CSB)

Intimacy - you are mine and I am yours.
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. (Exodus 6:7 NIV)

No comments: