Saturday, July 7, 2018

Taking Advantage of God

My baby told me that although she believed that Jesus died for her sins but she is reluctant to follow His way. Because of that, she also feel bad to pray to Jesus because since she is not willing to follow Him, she feels that she is taking advantage of Him.

I told her to go ahead and take advantage of Him. After all, we are wretched sinners. It is only when you have prayers answered, then you will experience the grace of God. Of course it would be good if one day she can say like Paul that though she took advantage of God's grace, but yet she will be transformed by the same grace.

For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. (1 Corinthians 15:9-10 ESV)

No comments: