Thursday, July 12, 2018

What Can A Dying Woman Do?

The following quote was taken from this video sermon of Adrian Rogers in YouTube, Adrian Rogers: Salvation #2067, starting at time 34:26.

QUOTE
The woman looked up at the minister. His heart was broken.
She said, "Are you a minister?"
"Yes, madam."
"Are you a man of God?"
"Well, I want to be."
"Can you tell me how to get to heaven? I am dying."
You know what he did? He began to give her platitudes about God's love, about the goodness of God, about the beauties of heaven, about how God is merciful and all of this and how it pays to live a godly life.
And after a while she just shook her head and said to him, "Don't you understand? I am dying. I can't do any of that. I can't live a good life! I can't do all of those things that you were talking about. I am about to die! Don't you have a message for a dying woman like me?"
UNQUOTE

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. (Luke 19:10 ESV)

"There is no one so good that he need not be saved. There is no one so bad that he cannot be saved." - Adrian Rogers

"If you don't receive who He is, you cannot have what He gives." - Adrian Rogers

No comments: