Thursday, April 4, 2019

I Am Saved By The Works Of Jesus My God - 2

Because Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, to bring you to God, by being put to death in the flesh but by being made alive in the spirit. (1 Peter 3:18 NET)
He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. (Hebrews 9:12 NIV)
He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. (Romans 4:25 NIV)

This is good news for me. For Christ had died for my sins. I am saved because of what He has done on the cross. I have no confidence that if I have to work for my salvation, I can meet the KPI of a perfect God. By the standards of men, I cannot even make it to Harvard or Oxford. How can I expect to meet the standard of a perfectly holy God intent of keeping His heaven pure and unblemished? But it is Christ who saved me and worked in me and I will eventually be given a spiritual body at resurrection.

For it is God who is working in you both to will and to work according to his good purpose. (Philippians 2:13 CSB)
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:44 ESV)
And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (Romans 8:30 ESV)
He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. (2 Timothy 1:9 CSB)

No comments: