Tuesday, April 2, 2019

I Am Saved By The Works Of Jesus My God

For the righteousness of God is revealed in the gospel from faith to faith, just as it is written, "The righteous by faith will live." (Romans 1:17 NET)
Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because "the righteous will live by faith." (Galatians 3:11 NIV)
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38 KJV)
Look, his ego is inflated; he is without integrity. But the righteous one will live by his faith. (Habakkuk 2:4 HCSB)

This is good news for me. My salvation is based on what Jesus had done for me on the cross. The just shall live by faith. I live by faith in what He had done for me on the cross and it is His righteousness that I am dependent on.

If my salvation is dependent on myself or something I do, I will surely fail.
If salvation is dependent on my love for God, I am sure I do not love Him enough.
If salvation is dependent on the good works I do, I am sure I do not do enough.
If salvation is dependent on keeping the law of God, I am sure I have broken many commandments.
If salvation is dependent on my achievement in life, I am sure I do not achieve enough.

But because my salvation is based on what Jesus had done for me on the cross, I am sure of my salvation.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1 ESV)
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6 NASB)

No comments: