Sunday, July 24, 2022

God Does As He Pleases

Our God is in heaven and does whatever he pleases. (Psalm 115:3 CSB)

The LORD does whatever he pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths. (Psalm 135:6 CSB)

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.' (Isaiah 46:10 NIV)

All the inhabitants of the earth are counted as nothing, and he does what he wants with the army of heaven and the inhabitants of the earth. There is no one who can block his hand or say to him, "What have you done?" (Daniel 4:35 CSB)

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27 KJV)

But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26 ESV)

I know that you can do anything and no plan of yours can be thwarted. (Job 42:2 CSB)

Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?" (Isaiah 43:13 NIV)

Some people think that God has limitations, for example, He cannot lie. But we noticed that what the scriptures are saying is God does whatever that pleases Him. If you are a vegetarian and have the power to do as you please, would you organize a barbecue or force everyone to eat grass? Lying does not please God. Thus God will not lie.

God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? (Numbers 23:19 ESV)

So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. (Hebrews 6:18 NLT)

No comments: